SPORTS EVENTS (recreational and competitive in character)
Double-check the dates in the event calendar or contact any of the Tourist Information Centres.
- St. Joseph’s Day (second half of March) – Ramble along the Lahinja river; “JOSEPH’S HIKE”; Podlog near Dragatuš
- Easter Sunday (beginning of April) – the Castle-Forest Educational Trail Easter hike; Obrh near Dragatuš
- “GEORGE’S HIKE”, hike the CASTLE FOOTPATH on St. George’s Day and Earth Day (second half of April); Adlešiči-Žuniči
- RASCAL’S RUN – children’s run (end of April); Metlika
- The Metlika circular hike (end of April); Metlika
- May Day (first weekend of May) – hike the southernmost Slovenian footpath; Damelj-Radenci
- May Day – Traditional May Day hike along a footpath; Sodevci and the surrounding area
- May Day – May Day hike to Krašnji Vrh; Metlika-Krašnji Vrh
- Urban’s Run (mid May); Metlika-Grabrovec
- Night run through the streets of Metlika (beginning of June); Metlika
- Župančič’s Trail hike (beginning of June); Dragatuš-Vinica
- Castle Run (mid June); Metlika
- A run along the Karstic Educational Path from Lebica to Krupa (end of June); Karstic Educational Path from Lebica to Krupa
- »GONI KOLO« (“Put the Wheels in Motion”) recreational cycling trip across Bela krajina (end of June); Bela krajina
- Recreational cycling tour (beginning of July); Semič and the surrounding area
- The triathlon of Bela krajina; Wild Swimming Site Primostek
- Traditional hike along the Castle-Forest Educational Trail (end of August); Obrh near Dragatuš
- bike climb to the summit of Mirna Gora (beginning of September); Črnomelj-Mirna Gora
- Martin’s hike along the outskirts of Semič (beginning of November); Semič and the surrounding area
- Hike along the paths of the Communal Vine Cottage (first weekend after 11 November); Drašiči and the surrounding area
- St. Stephen’s Day hike along the Castle-Forest Educational Trail (St. Stephen’s Day); Obrh near Dragatuš.
Apart from the events mentioned, each year is filled with a number of events involving boating, canoeing, or rafting down the Kolpa river, basketball and football tournaments, beach volleyball, recreational pilates and zumba, outdoor exercising, tournaments in a unique local game called Metlika Tennis etc.